Hi! Welcome to my blog. You can take your time reading my comments on quoted passages from classical novels. Now that I am working on "Far From the Madding Crowd"/Thomas Hardy (Bantam Classic). I am not a teacher nor a student, only a reader of a sort. I just want to share my delight, perception and thinking in reading classical novels. Let me give you a secret. This is the first time that I am doing such a literary work. I will be delightful to receive your comments.

1 Haziran 2010 Salı





"The handsome girl waited for some time idly in her place, and the only sound heard in the stillness was the hopping of the canary up and down the perches of its prison." (p.4)

As mentioned before, “the caged canary” here signifies the vulnerable sides and sensible perceptions in us that serve as a defense mechanism for our complex. Even if we are idle, quiet, inactive and away from worries, we feel their presence, deep within ourselves. They strengthen our psychic self-defense. They never subside and cease to be alert, unless “id” or other negative forces gain control of our psychic world. If the cat grabs and takes hold of the canary, those sensivite sides that alert us from danger will be of no use and will be totally muted.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder